Tuesday, August 29, 2006

say my prayers

Tonight during the lifegroup we were asked to write down things that we prayed for and were answered by God, as well as what we wish for in the future.

It was a long list for everybody. The first thing coming to my mind was that I prayed for good sleep in Las Vegas as I mentioned in another entry. What else? My niece got into the ideal school. My parents had a wonderful trip here to visit me. I met great people in the church and joined the lifegroup. We started a book club in the summer, which was always one of my dreams. I had chance to learn swimming and did my first lap. I am going to attend a national conference with my best friend.

In work, God helped me to stay strong and encouraging for Brian. When Brian and I had the fight in Michigan, he showed me the right way to solve the conflict. It was miracle how everything was pulled through in the last month. When I wanted to break down, he lifted me up again and again. I had my first visit to Mississipi and was able to enjoy the beautiful view of the country, a nice sunny afternoon by the pond and delicious homemade food. Most of all, he gave me the strength to open my heart to him so that I could experience the grand love from him.

My wishlist is kind of trivial, but it's really what I want. I don't want any more experiment for my own research. I hope my thesis writing can go fast and smoothly. I want to find a job in a place I like, a place that gives me the feeling of home. Before graduating, I hope to enjoy my life more in Ann Arbor.

I am learning about God, and I want to learn more and faster. I want to witness more of God's work on me and on others. I wish one day I could make a difference to other people, as Brian did to me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
God, grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change
the Courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference

1 Comments:

Blogger Elbow said...

Amen - God has been so obvious in our work/relationship that it is almost difficult to call it faith. In Memphis I really think I would have totally lost control if it wasn't for you...God saw it coming and really made plans for us to get through this trial.

As for you getting the opportunity to make a difference for others as I did for you...I'm quite confident that you will and more often. The path you took to Him is more unique and impressive to others in the world.

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home