Monday, July 24, 2006

troubles come and go

Corinthians 4:16-18 (NIV): "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

These have been the words that I repeated to myself over and over again recently. It gave me strength and lifted me up when things went rough.

Strangely, for the first time I felt depressed after the lifegroup. The reason might be that we talked about heaven in details. Like Brian said, "The only thing that a detailed picture of heaven could do would be to keep people out of it. "

And when I told my closest friend that I just bought 6 books today about christianity, she looked at me in a weird way and said "I should probably keep a distance from you". I knew she was joking, but my heart still sank for a few minutes.

I know it won't be easy. God probably never promised it will.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elbow said...

This verse is actually just what I need to read today. I was going to read it yesterday, but I was too tired and had to go to sleep. Today is a bad day (as you could probably guess) and the only reason it didn't bother me is that I try to keep my focus on that which is not seen.

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home