Sunday, August 27, 2006

where am I now

I have been wanting to write something for this blog. And I tried. I started a couple of topics but finished none of them. As I walked along the path further and knew more, it became more and more difficult to talk about certain subject, because each one would lead to numerous direction.

Yesterday my best friend asked me whether or not I carried the Bible with me in my 4-week trip. She admitted later that she wanted to test where my faith is now. I told her that I read it online.

Certainly it didn't mean that I had a strong faith in God. Only my heart matters. Reading Bible or going to church is only my own needs to reach for God. However, I was glad that she was a little impressed. I did hope that one day she would be able to feel the great peace and love that God has put into my heart.

In the past month I prayed often. Our working environment was very stressful and tiring. I can't imagine how we could pull it through without God being with us. I felt very blessed because I saw how he was there loving and supporting us. And I saw miracles happen.

Today at the church the pastor talked about a couple working with Chinese people to spread the good news. I sort of knew that couple. For the first time I started to truly appreciate what they are doing. Also, for the first time, I started to sing along when the band was playing, though silently.

I feel calm and strong as I know that I can turn to God anytime and he is there, always. I hope this is not temporal. Or if I ever stumble, I can find my way back soon. A lot of time when I prayed, I felt passionate. And I think it's a good thing.

The world has been new in my eyes. I am expecting to experience much much more, just to see how he works on me and how I can make a difference.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elbow said...

What I love so much about Christianity is the more you search the more logical everything looks...if this seems like an odd comment it is my response to your understanding/appreciating Nick and Sarah's work with the Chinese group.

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home