Wednesday, July 26, 2006

take the step?

This evening I was one foot away from a severe car accident. The other car apparently kept turning left after their red light. Thanks to the ABS in my new car, I didn't hit straight into it. Even if I did so, the worst case for me would be the airbag popping out, but I think the person on the passenger seat in the other car would be badly injured.

Although it's not my fault, technically, it would not have happened that way if my mind had been more focused. I do feel it has been wondering away these days. The spirit I gained in God for the last few weeks is descending due to all kinds of trivia. I am afraid I was like those mentioned in Matthew 13:22: "The one who received the seed that fell among the thorns is the man who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke it, making it unfruitful. "

Regarding the relationship with God, I don't know what to do next. I was distracted by this question so much that I lost the connection with him. Sometimes I really wish he could just come over and work on me without my permission. But he asked for my love based on the free will. Now that he knows I love him, he is asking for more.

Alright, let's talk. Take it, here is my heart.

2 Comments:

Blogger Elbow said...

I often feel myself doing the same thing (actually currently). I feel so weak and unable to connect with God but still have the deep desire to be close with Him. So typically I just pray that God would take my heart and work on it...some times I even have to pray for the strength to hand my heart over.

12:09 AM  
Blogger beneathwing said...

We talked about some of my issues last night. Now I feel much better. And I slept like a baby. :)

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home