Tuesday, July 11, 2006

time brings change, and change takes time

Today I was driving my car back home and listening to the CD Brian burnt for me, which has his favorite Christian songs. Then this lyric stood out of the song "River God".

"Time brings change, and change takes time." How true.

An old friend of mine called yesterday. We have been pretty close since we first met each other five years ago. She used to know almost everything that had happened to my life here. Now that we are both very busy, we don't talk that often any more.

We talked for half hour about what has been going on with our lives recently. I told her there might be a chance that I will become a Christian. Her response was "are you kidding me? That's terrible." I am afraid this is not a single case. Two years ago, I probably would think it was totally ridiculous if one of my friend told me that she or he believed in God.

In our lifegourp last night, we talked about that sometimes we really desired something but instead God gave us what we didn't want. Strangely everything turned out better that way.

For me, I thought I could graduate sometime last year. If I did, I wouldn't have had such a great friendship with Brian. I wouldn't have got to know so many wonderful people and seen how God has done an amazing job to their lives. Most of all, I wouldn't have learned this much(though still very little) about God and started to love him.

This was a huge change to my life. I felt so blessed by having the chance to know that God is with me. He has shown me in different ways that he loves me and he is anxious to fill my needs. By loving him back I opened my heart and finally found something that could possibly quench my thirst.

Still there is a long way to go before I can tell God that I will follow him no matter where he wants me to and no matter what happens, simply because change takes time. But I hope this day will come to me pretty soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Elbow said...

I certainly don't think it is a terrible thing...in fact I'm really overjoyed to hear this. I know and understand that change does take time and it has been a real blessing in my life to watch/experience the changes you've been experiencing.

11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe that God sent you to show me the right path.

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

4:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home