Tuesday, July 11, 2006

seek and find

Last night I was pretty bothered by some personal issue and felt that there was no hope again. I tried to talk to God. However, I didn't feel there was any connection between us. It's possible that I was too busy listening to my own voice. It happens often.

How do we know it's God that is speaking to us? Brian said following God's words brought peace to his heart. I found it very true. Sometimes it seemed so difficult to do what He told me to, but the rewards afterwards made it all worthy.

Actually ever since my parents left I have had some trouble with falling into sleep. Usually I would stay up to at least 2 am.

I didn't want to pray for small things like good sleep. One reason is that I am afraid it won't be answered. Since I can't figure out a reason why God would ignore small requests like this, I felt it's better not to ask.

It sounds silly, I know.

Matthew 7:7 says:"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."So I really need to be honest with God, ask for his help and let him decide.

If I can't understand why he doesn't answer my prayers sometimes, I don't have to. Faith is a moral, not reasoning. And God knows what is the best for me. Even though I fail him sometimes, he knows how to turn the situation to do me good.

Right now I don't know if he is trying to build my character or he already gave me the sign but I didn't get it. Maybe I should be patient and keep looking for the solution.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home