Sunday, September 24, 2006

are you listening

Today at the career seminar the recruiter from L'oreal gave us a tip for interviews. She said, "everybody likes to talk about themselves." So she encouraged us to ask more interactive questions during interviews in order that the recruiters would open up more and we would give them a stronger impression.

It seems quite true to me. For most of the time I think I am a good listener, or at least I try to be. I like to hear people talk about all kinds of stories related to their lives. That's how I get to know someone. And when I had chance to meet people in those stories, I felt like I have known them for a long time.

However, it brought up a downside too. When I want someone to listen to my story, I don't know whom I should talk to. I know my best friend is always there for me, but sometimes I really want some different opinions from other people, especially when there are some struggles she can't really understand.

God, if you are here and if you are listening, you know that I am trying to reach for you even though I am drowning. I miss you so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home