Monday, November 03, 2008

make a difference

Sometimes my prayers got answered so quickly that it makes my faith almost effortless.

I had been complaining that I couldn't see the purpose of my life, and that I was not making any difference. Oh well, one of my friends, who had been living a pretty rough life, told me last week that I was an inspiration to her. Wow, I always thought she was an inspiration to us. And all I did was simply sharing a few of my thoughts with her.

I got a phone call from a person on my last night in my old apt. He was troubled with some matter and was seeking my advice. It was already past 10pm and I still had some packing to do. I had to fight against my impatience and tried to help him find what he could do to resolve the issues. After we talked for 30+ mins, he said he was starting to have some clues and thanked me. Although I didn't share the good news with him, I felt I was serving God in some way.

One of my friends has been having some relationship issues. Last week God gave me the chance to share with her my thoughts of faith, church, and small group. It was actually surprising to me that even though we had been friends for a long time, I hadn't really told her explicitly the huge impact of Christianity on me and my relationships. I hope by starting doing this, she would hear the message and open her heart to God.

I guess most of the time I just didn't see it. Just by standing by my faith and being myself, I could easily make a difference in this world. When I put in effort to help others, or share my faith, God has the power to move people's hearts. It really doesn't matter whether or not I could see the change. I only need to trust that God will make the best out of what I do for him. And everything is possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home