Monday, September 01, 2008

from east to west

I finished Ravi Zacharias' autobiography "Walking from east to west" during my NY trip. In general I enjoyed it. He is a great story-teller, as well as a logical thinker. It is a beautiful thing that he has been using his amazing preaching skills around the world.

It got me to think about how I could use my talent to serve God. Or, what is the purpose of my life designed by God? I am still somewhere near clueless. I can trace back how my personality has matured over the years by certain events, but I don't see clearly why I am here doing what I do or where I will be in the future. I know for sure that it can't be just about self-improvement.

Apologetics attracts my interest. And pains in broken relationships always make my heart tender. But where God wants me to be might be a totally different story. Sometimes I don't think I am ready to be used by him, but when I came to think about Moses, I was reminded that it is not up to me. When the time is up, God will make us ready.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elbow said...

I think you have a great perspective on your situation and good analogy to Moses' life. I'm very curious as to how God will use you and look forward to finding out.

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home