Tuesday, July 03, 2007

searching for God knows what

I can't put down this book. This is the second one I got written by Donald Miller. No matter how I disagree with some of his opinions, his books are interesting and very readable. I think I will finish reading this book in a week.

It's like a conversation with a friend, or reading a friend's blog. He is definitely passionate about Christianity. I imagine him think about God all the time while eating, walking, driving or doing something else. Sometimes I do that too.

Some questions he asked are similar to the ones I asked Brian. I like it when he expands the details in the Bible. I feel that if I meet him, we can have a pretty good conversation. We would be able to talk about God like someone we know in life.

He has his limitation, especially when he tried to include some serious topics. Sometimes he is too talkative. I feel the urge to ask him to shut up and move onto the next point. Just like when you are with talkative friends. It doesn't mean that you don't love them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Trudi said...

:)

This one made me happy. Too many times I have wanted to say shut up to friends. It amuses me that you wanted to say it to the author.

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home