Sunday, June 24, 2007

confused

This is the feeling I got almost every time after I read Old Testament. What was God thinking? Did that really happen?

I know I should not make any assumption or conclusion based on my limited understanding. However, I feel deeply troubled after I finished "Judges" today. People in my lifegroup said it's good book (yeah, since it's in Bible) and there are good stories. So am I missing something here? 'coz I didn't like it at all.

There are stories, lots of them, filled with schemes, betray and killing. Well, from that point of view, they might be good stories. But they are deeply bothering me. I can't really say why.

Interestingly I got a couple of magazines from the lady who visited me. One of them has this article talking about the story of this father submitting his daughter to God. I didn't like the fact that it ignored the part where the father actually sacrifised his daughter as burnt offerings. Maybe they think that's too brutal to attract some new believers.

I am afraid so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home