Friday, June 15, 2007

on the road

I re-listened to the sermon series "this is not our home" by Jon Shah on my way driving to Iowa. It is good to be reminded again that we are travellers with a purpose here.

I also called that friend of mine and shared my side of thoughts. We reached certain understanding. After the conversation, my spirit was much lifted.

I confronted the issue and made the right decision. Although sometimes my first instinct was still to go away and avoid dealing with the problem, the time it takes to get me back on the right track is much shorter.

**************************************************
I posted some of these verses before, but it's never enough.

Hebrew 13:14 (NLT):"For this world is not our permanent home; we are looking forward to a home yet to come."

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 (NIV): "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

1 Comments:

Blogger Elbow said...

It is a great comfort to me in tough times to remember that this isn't the way it is suppose to be and it is only temporary. We are away from home right now...I can't wait to be home.

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home