Saturday, July 14, 2007

July 14, 2007, 1:41:27 AM

There must be a reason for my tears, Lord
My heart is such a small reservoir
That your love is overflowing

How can I be the reflection of your kindness and beauty?
How can I add to your glory?
Tell me, Lord
Not because I want to
But because you have mercy

Make me new, make me good
Make me your servant
Cause I will be joyful and strong

And I will be deaf and blind to sinful desires
Let the devil sigh in the darkness
Then I will see myself
Dancing in your light

I was reading Romans on Friday night. Everything Paul said in that book has made so much sense to me that it felt like God was speaking directly to my heart. At certain point I had to put down the book and walk around in my apartment so that I wouldn't feel overwhelmed.

It may sound ridiculous, but as I reached Chapter 14, I just felt that there was too much love from God and I was unable to hold it any more. I don't deserve any of the blessings he has poured on me. So I broke down and cried.

Long ago I knew he had forgiven me, but last night I totally opened up to him. I told him that I was sorry for breaking his heart. I was sorry that he had to die for me so that I don't have to carry all the burden of my past and that I can be made new. And I was so grateful for everything he had provided for me.

That was one intimate moment between me and God. And then I wrote the above verses. To be honest, it is almost embarrassing to post it here because the feelings was simply too raw.

It is interesting that as I continued with the book, I found this verse.

Romans 15:13May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

"overflow" was the first word that came into my mind when I started to write my little psalm. And God told me that it was the right word for that moment.

2 Comments:

Blogger Trudi said...

Thank you for sharing this! Very intimate, but appreciated.

4:51 PM  
Blogger belbing said...

Very nice Sherry...there are parts of your faith that I'm really impressed by and wish I was more like that.

Also I'm impressed by the Psalm...I actually assumed it must be from the Bible but couldn't place where you had gotten it from.

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home