Friday, July 27, 2007

church and family

Last night I was in theatre with a friend to watch the Simpsons movie. When it started, I had this warmth in my heart knowing that everyone sitting there loved Homer. It felt like watching a big screen TV with a large family.

Then I started to wonder: why did I never have this kind of feelings when I was in church? Supposingly people who go to the church are people who love God and Jesus. We should be talking all excitedly like we talk about a dear friend or Homer. "Hey, have you read this? God is so funny and amazing!" "Oh yeah, he has a great sense of humor."

Well, the fact is that this only happened in conversations between me and Brian. Actually, Brian told me that sometimes he has this overjoy because those young people in the church have a place for God in their heart. I hope I can experience that kind of joy too.

I don't know what is wrong. Maybe I haven't loved deeply enough. Or my heart is still very much guarded and skeptical. I love God, but I still don't fully trust what he asks me to do. I am confident it will change though.

******************************************
Galatians 5:
4You who are trying to be justified by law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace. 5But by faith we eagerly await through the Spirit the righteousness for which we hope. 6For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home