Tuesday, March 20, 2007

my first public prayer

Last Friday night my husband and I went to his church. Surprisingly it had been a really pleasant experience. I had chance to talk to some people and was especially impressed by this Chinese guy who was leading our group. Although I met him for the first time, I could feel the warmness and at the same time a calming effect from him. One of the Americans in our small group said that this guy inspired him and lead him to Christ. Later I told my husband about it and he spoke very highly of this guy too.

I felt truly happy for God whenever I meet someone who lives his words and glorifies him. It also gives me hope in many ways.

I enjoyed our small group. We had many good laughs during our discussion. At the end, we spinned the pen to decide who would give the prayer. And it's me!!! I was kind of excited about it. To be honest, I had been wanting to do that and never had the courage to volunteer. This was God's will and it's the perfect chance because I knew neither of them. So I said the prayer. It wasn't too hard for me. After I told them that was the first time for me, they were excited too and said many nice things to encourage me.

Besides all the good feelings, I was aware of the fact that I still couldn't get rid of some of the bad habit or thought. Sometimes I still tried to perform. Or even if I was doing it intentionally, later I would think about how others evaluate my act. It was totally unnecessary.

I want to love and accept myself 100%. I want to be secure and absolutely free in God's existence.

1 Comments:

Blogger Trudi said...

If you get the chance, check out the song Conversations by Sara Grove. I love her music and it's meaning has hit me at a time when I have needed it.

Sorry I am going to miss you in Pigeon, but if you still live in Ann Arbor, we can meet when I go home to visit my mother.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home