Friday, February 09, 2007

disappointment with God

I am 3/5 through Philip Yancey's "disappointment with God".

It was very easy-reading. And it fits well my life right now. I am going through a rough time. A lot of self-denial and doubts. But strangely, I am not disappointed with God.

I don't mean that I have great faith. Not at all. It would probably shatter in front of slightest tests.

Where is God? Does he even exist? Is he still watching over me? Is it because of anything I did wrong? What should I do to change the situation? Will it change at all? ...

I am overwhelmed by my own questions and the reality that everything in my life is messed up.

It's not God. It's me. It reminds me of the line that George in Seinfeld used to break up with his girlfriends.

Would it help me feel better to blame everything on God?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home