Saturday, October 21, 2006

too little time

I stopped by Borders this afternoon to check if they have Paul Brand's books. Although I couldn't find them there, I noticed on the shelf of Christian books there was this one called "Christian Prayer for Dummies".

Out of my own curiosity, I read the review of this book on amazon.com. It turned out that there are two more similar books out there called "the Bible for dummies" and "Christianity for dummies".

I personally hate to see those books are in line with the fast-cook dummie books. It's just reflection of our problem---too much to learn with too little time, although sometimes I hope somebody can chew the knowledge for me and feed me the digested ideas.

Sidenote: for anyone who is interested in Christianity, I highly recommend C.S.Lewis' "Mere Christianity".

Also, here is a reminder to myself, since I am reading multiple books now.

Books to be finished: "Holy Bible"(NIV), "Captivating", "the Screwtape letters", "Wild at heart", "What's so amazing about grace", "Luther's Catechism", "Letters to Malcolm"

Books on the wish-list: "In his image", "fearfully & wonderfully made", "the gift of pain","the case for creator", "the great divorce", "Miracles"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home