Sunday, December 03, 2006

it is a good day

The day didn't start out well. I had a bad night of sleep, lying in my bed for over four hours and awake. The reason why I didn't take advantage of the time to do something was that there was always this slight hint of sleepiness.

Then in the morning I hesitated to get up. Although I did get up in time, I was trying to find reasons not to go to the church. My back was sore badly, and I definitely need more sleep. However, I sensed that something would happen today.

When I drove close to the building, I was already 30 minutes late. The line to get into the parking structure was so long, and the other structure was charging $5. It was as if someone seriously didn't want me to come.

However, I was so curious of what was waiting for me that I paid $5 for the parking. It'd better be Jon Shah giving the talk. This was what I was thinking when I walked into the building.

And it was! My favorite pastor was giving the sermon on one of my favorite topics---heaven! It was a good talk and I enjoyed it very much. The more amazing part is that, when I was waiting for Brian after the talk, I had the chance to introduce myself to Shah and chatted with him a little bit. I have been wanting to do that for months and it finally happened.

I got all excited after that, which gave Brian some good laugh. He said I was like a fan chasing after some celebrity. Well, to me, it surely felt that way.

Notes from the sermon: how differently would we live our lives if we remember that we are just travellers in the world and there is awards waiting for us in our real home?

Also, Shah brought up an interesting point. When people talk about Christians, they think about the word "conservative". But shouldn't it be the opposite? Shouldn't Christians be the people who would take more risks and have more exciteness in life since we know this life is only temporal and we are only travellers in this world?

I agree with him. And I am glad that Christians around me are the people who are trying to live a full life as Jesus promised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home