Wednesday, October 03, 2007

a quote --- earth

"I think earth, if chosen instead of Heaven, will turn out to have been, all along, only a region in Hell; and earth, if put second to Heaven, to have been from the beginning a part of Heaven itself."

---The Great Divorce by C. S. Lewis

*******************************************

I am chewing on this sentence. I feel like I has been going through Hell. Although things have been cleared, apologies given and forgiveness received, my heart is still pinned down. I need more time to recover from the anger, disappointment, resentment and desparation that had haunted me for days.

God was the only comfort to my soul. Knowing that he feels what I feel, weeps when I weep and will always be there for me makes me want to go home more than ever.

I am still fighting the fight so that my soul can be set free. The devil has set multiple traps. I feel I have been attacked viciously. Yet he can't win because love is greater. And if I am longing for heaven, no matter how much suffering I have it here, I will know it is all worthy when I get home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home