Sunday, January 14, 2007

let's try harder

I finally finished "what's so amazing about grace". Due to my poor spirituality, I left the last ten pages hang there for about a month. I am glad that I finally picked it up and I still loved it.

I need to read it again. There are many things I didn't quite understand and many things I have forgotten. It sheds good insights to some of my questions. Also, it helps me escape some morality cycles.

This morning someone posted her experience with her boss (who is a Christian) in a Chinese message board. And this person showed a lot of anger towards christians in general.

I could understand her frustration, but I couldn't agree with her words, so I replied to her message, hoping to make a little difference.

It makes me sad that many people have no idea that grace is the most important thing in Christianity. It is such a great gift from God and a gift we can choose to give others. Or at least we can try.

Like what is cited in the book, "of one hundred men, one will read the Bible; the ninety-nine will read the Christian". So a little more efforts by Christians in everyday life could make a huge difference to others and the society.

I shouldn't judge anybody. But I am really curious of what some people believe and how they view their religion, if they could be honest with themselves and God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home