Sunday, April 13, 2008

last night's talk

The topic of this talk was "how science is consistent with Christianity", given by a famous professor in our university. It was ok, but definitely not the best presentation I had heard.

On my way home, I told my friends who went with me to the talk that I might be able to give a better presentation on this topic. They were very interested and said that they wanted to hear it if I get it together.

Way back in time, Brian and I talked about how we could do something together. I sensed this might be a good chance because he is very good at reasoning. Hopefully he will agree on my proposition.

Sidenote: it was interesting (or sad) to see that some Christians easily got into emotional argument because of different views on some minor issues or different understanding of some sentences from the Bible. Was the arguement really for the sake of God, or their own pride?

The same question applies to the issue that has concerned a lot of Chinese people now. When religion and politics meet, things get complicated and sometimes very ugly. Some people have their own intentions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home