Monday, March 24, 2008

the message of hope

I went to the Easter Sunday service at NLC after witnessing my friend's baptism at the Chinese church. It was no surprise that the sermon was about Jesus's death and resurrection, given by one of my favorite pastors. The truth is that every sermon is about the same message with different degrees of emphasis. It is just the way it should be.

The pastor talked about what is our hope and what we should do about it. I liked the fact that he pointed out the cost of being a disciple. He also mentioned that we are all sick due to our nature, which happens to be what I was thinking about the night before.

I have been feeling quite detached lately. The huge gapbetween knowing the truth and living the truth (or living in the hope) is lying right in front of me. I definitely need to go to church more often. In fact, when I went, 80% of the times I loved it.

It is getting better.

***************************************************
Romans 5: 4perseverance, character; and character, hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home