Monday, March 16, 2009

one month to live

Last Sunday I heard that an older guy who came to our conversation group passed away. It was shocking to me, because I saw him right before the spring break.

What bothers me more is that I was not crazy about being in the same group with him, because sometimes what he said irritated me, even though he was a nice guy.

Now he is gone.

If I had known he only got one month to live, I am sure that I would have done things differently. I would have greeted him more genuinely. I would have been more upfront with my opinions other than trying to avoid him. I would have said "thank you" at least once for his enthusiasm to reach out. Now I can only ask for God's forgiveness, and pray that next time when someone gets on my nerve, I would think of him and I could handle things in a more godly way.

Mark, may your soul rest in peace. Through Christ, I hope to see you again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home